Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Tip MasteryTip Mastery

Careers

Time-Management Tips That Only Successful CEOs Know

It means that you spend 80 percent of your workday on things that really matter or that are pressing with the 20 percent on smaller issues

Time is something that most people don’t have enough of throughout the day. With COVID-19, many people are now forced to work from home. This might seem like a good thing, but it’s sometimes hard to manage your time effectively to be productive and stay on track.

80/20 Rule

Whether you’re taking paid surveys or working your regular job from home, the 80-20 rule might help. It means that you spend 80 percent of your workday on things that really matter or that are pressing with the 20 percent on smaller issues.

If your goal is to make money online, 80 percent of that can be spent on finding legitimate things to do, such as product reviewer jobs or the surveys. Then, the other 20 percent is used to perform those tasks.

Carve out Time to Think and Relax

Customer service jobs can take a toll on your mind. Give yourself plenty of time to think about what comes next in the day. You may spend a couple of minutes between calls to make notes or refresh your memory about the next customer.

It’s also important to take five periodically to clear your mind and refocus. The general rule here is to give yourself as much time on breaks at home as you do at the office. If you get two 15 minute breaks and a half-hour for lunch, keep the consistency at home. When you do go back and stop working remotely, it’s easier to get into that routine.

Keep a Schedule

It’s easy to get lax if you’re working from home because there’s no boss or manager to breathe down your neck. You might still have deadlines, but there’s a little freedom in when you work and how you accomplish the goal. Try to keep your morning routine and be ready to start the workday at the same time each day. That way, you’re prepared for if and when you stop working remotely.

You May Also Like

Finance

Financial budgeting is a key role here in ensuring that you stick to what you can afford while moving everything

Finance

Coupons can be extremely helpful if you already plan to buy those items. Just try not to use the mentality of ‘it’s there, so...

Finance

Often, you can pay with debit or credit. Even if you can’t get a better deal, you can use balance transfer credit cards to...

Education

You are going to require licensure to be a nurse, but most of the work can be done online